I was new to this site, on which, I attempted to post a reply in comment form back in 2017. Today I share that comment with you. The comment was long but not nearly so long as others made there, and not nearly as long as the post on which I was commenting. The theme of the post deals with Daniels prophecy and when it is fulfilled.
I am not sure about the reason as to why this comment was not allowed there at the time, although one of my comments did post, but I have attempted to add it again, so you may find it there hopefully along with a response?
I have spent a good deal of time reading these blog comments to your post re: Daniel’s 70 week prophecy. These are my observations comments and yes, my questions.
1. It is obvious from my former comment as I had concluded that much of this prophecy is already fulfilled in Israel’s history.
2. What might still be future is still disputed as we see by the comments here.
3. I have decided that we can expect history to repeat itself and that therefore we could probably see Israel (Jerusalem) once again under siege for 1260 days.
4. If the church and we individually are the temple referred to by Paul in 2Thess. And if the man of sin sets himself up as God in this temple, and as you conclude, that temple is the church (and I we are the temple eg individuals within the church, who are that temple) then that could align with the prophecy of a falling away? But more importantly does that not imply the total destruction of the church on earth, which can not happen.
5. Does scripture not imply in Romans chapters 9-11, that Israel the nation will be added back into the olive tree once the last of the Gentiles is saved (added to the olive tree)? Is this not confirmed by Zach. With the refining as purest gold of the 1/3 who will remain in the end. I’m trying to look at the big picture here.
6. Is not God’s called out ones, His elect, His body, His bride, etc not His olive tree– the Israel of God?
7. Jesus says immediately after the tribulation of those days that the sun, moon and stars event will happen as a sign of His appearing. There seems to be yet another great tribulation period — history repeats itself.
8. At Daniel’s time the temple and the abomination of Desolation, would have represented an actual temple. Many of you seem to imply the need for a miracle in order for a rebuilt temple. God is in the miracle working business. There are presently avenues allowing for this rebuilding.
9. In my book AND THEN THE END SHALL COME, I question the 2000 year gap theory, I suggest that the 70th heptad or seven, which is actually any integer or number divisible by seven could (since it is about Israel’s history — Daniel’s people) that it could actually span the entirety of Israel’s history since the time of Abraham until the Second coming of Messiah. In the book, since this challenge was made in an appendage, I did not set out to prove same.
10. Why does it seem unreasonable to those on this forum to see the 1260 days of Revelation as the time of the consummation of the age? Just asking.
11. How do we explain the fact that the Lord made it clear through Daniel to us who have seen one very important sign given to Daniel that that sign must be for the people of our general time? The sign given him for the last days was men running to and fro,and knowledge greatly expanding. (That sign seems to apply to the generation who sees Israel’s rebirth.
12. How do we ignore the sign given by Paul to us that the man of sin setting himself up as God in the Temple of God is a sign of the coming day of the Lord? If this is a sign of the man of sin setting himself up in you and I as Believers, then who is the sign for? — since all who then qualify as this temple would be given over to deception, and there would therefore be no temple — no true believer left. This is the logical conclusion of that passage given your chosen scenario. Even though I agree with much of what is being taught and shared on this forum, we can still learn some things from the pre-Trib dispensationalist. This (rebuilt Temple) understanding I think being one of them.
13. One writer states that Jesus did everything that was required of Daniel’s 70 week prophecy when He died and rose again, but I find it hard to believe that nothing is left for Him to do at His second coming. For example the Seventy sevens are said to make an end of sin. This will not occur until He returns, and depending how we understand mortality during the millennium, it possibly will not end until after the one thousand year reign. I am still inclined to include all of Israel’s history at least her history as a nation. Would that include the millennium? Seems so?
14. Are the Seventy weeks representative of 490 consecutive years? The original shavuim (weeks, sevens, or besevened), seems to allow for the weeks to be computed by sevens, an integer multiply of seven. This based on E.J. Young’s The Prophecy of Daniel.
15. Susan says in her 1/3/14 post concerning the destruction of Jerusalem — “Consider this – The greatest calamity of Israel’s history was about to happen. Realize what this meant. It was the end of the Jewish nation. It was the end of the Jewish religion. It was the end of Jerusalem and the Temple. It was the end of the entire O.T. System of sacrifices. It was the end of the feasts. All of it was about to be destroyed”. We need to consider that God has not established two religions, therefore the Jewish religion did not end. The new covenant is Jewish. The Messiah is Jewish. The feasts have not ended, they will again be established in the millennium. They are still celebrated. Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass that every one who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem, shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles (Zechariah 14:16). I speak of why this is necessary in my book spoken of earlier. Even though I agree with the fact that much of Daniel is fulfilled, Israel is not finished in God’s plan. Brings me to 16.
16. Paul says then all Israel will be saved. Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead? (KJV). This verse in context of the surrounding verses and chapters will indicate that once the final remnant of Israel is returned to God even as we are through Jesus the root of this tree representing God’s people; that then life from the dead will occur (the first Resurrection). When will this happen? Hosea 5:14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him. 15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. (KJV). Hosea 6:1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. 2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. (KJV). (Recently subsequent to this comment, I had posted an article I’ll reference here:
But these verses I see as clarification with regard to God’s intent for the Nation Israel. The above article will help you understand why.
Here is the interesting site on which I had posted the above, you may get lost for a while should you chose to visit. MidnightWatcher’s Blogspot
1 Thess 5:6, “Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch …”
The article referenced:
Daniel 9:27 Redux: Will Antichrist Make A False 7-Year Peace Treaty With Israel?